The Need For Speed

The other day, I was talking on the air about the two guys from a high-end car dealer who were caught videotaping themselves as they drove around Chesterfield Valley in a Lamborghini at speeds approaching 150mph -- videos they then posted on YouTube. I know absolutely nothing about cars, nor do I care about them for much more than comfortable, reliable transporation, but I wondered why people buy these super-fast vehicles when they have no place to really open them up on the road. It's not like we have an Autobahn in the suburbs of St. Louis.

A listener named Jim S. then sent me this video of a man testing the Bugatti Veyron, supposedly the world's fastest car. This wasn't shot on an interstate highway here, but on a wide-open test track with enough room to let him try to get the car up to 250mph+...

Labels: