Movie Review: Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel


This is the simplest movie review I've ever written. If you liked the first "Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" (with Dev Patel and a slew of great British actors like Maggie Smith, Bill Nighy, and Judi Dench), you'll like the second one. I'll also add that the sequel's cast includes Richard Gere and, at the screening I attended, several 50+ women near me sighed quite loudly when he first appeared on screen.

By the way, the "Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" opened this weekend at the same time as "Chappie," which also stars Patel. I can't remember that happening before -- an actor starring in two live-action films that opened on the same weekend. The closest I can come is Jonah Hill in "22 Jump Street" vs. "How To Train Your Dragon 2" and Ryan Reynolds in "RIPD" vs. Turbo," but in both of those examples, the second movie was animated. Can you name two live-action films starring the same person which debuted simultaneously?

Labels: