Best Thing I've Read Today

Talk about a mic drop.

In the final four paragraphs of Julie Bosman's piece in the NY Times about the candidates for governor in Illinois, she writes about this interaction between Republican Jeanne Ives and Democrat Chris Kenney...
At a bipartisan candidate forum in Chicago in January, Ms. Ives addressed the issue of gun violence.

“And you know how you’re going to solve it? Fathers in the home,” she said, as the audience booed.

Perhaps most offended was Mr. Kennedy, who was 4 years old in 1968 when his father, Robert F. Kennedy, was assassinated.

“Well, I wish I could agree with you. I didn’t have a father in my life. Somebody shot him,” he said, as audience members clapped and rose to their feet. Mr. Kennedy then walked off the stage and left the building.

Labels: